Hi everyone, Coach Jose here. I want to take a minute and talk about one of my favorite things to when it comes to striking…warm-ups! Yes, you heard me right. It’s very important to warm up before training, everyone knows that. When it comes to striking there are some drills I like to do that wake up the nervous system and have it firing on all cylinders. This warm-up takes about 15 minutes, you break a sweat, and once you are done you are ready to train. The thing I like about this method is that you have the outline and you can just pick the combinations you like.
To be done with a partner, 1 minute each and switch or 2 minutes back and forth:
- One punch, one low kick (partner on the receiving end take the kick)
- One punch, one low kick (partner on the receiving end check the kick)
- Three punch combo back and forth (do not squeeze your hand)
- Two kicks back and forth (mix them high and low all kinds of kicks)
- Throw 2 punches and partner throw 2 punches (work your triangle step)
- Throw one punch, one low kick and partner throw 2punches (work your triangle step)
- Partner throws one punch, you counter with one kick
Click on the picture below to check out the video and I will see y’all on the mats!